Archived - Budget in Brief
Archived information is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
The Honourable Paul Martin P.C., M.P.
Minister of Finance
February 24, 1998
- Adobe Acrobat version (111,916 bytes).
Table of Contents
- A Strong Economy and a Secure Society.
- Maintaining Sound Economic and Financial Management.
The Canadian Opportunities Strategy.
- Creating Opportunities for Canadians.
- Financial Assistance for Students.
- Support for Advanced Research and Graduate Students.
- Helping Manage Student Debt.
- Helping Canadians Upgrade Their Skills.
- Encouraging Families to Save for Education.
- Supporting Youth Employment.
- Connecting Canadians to Information and Knowledge.
- The Canadian Opportunities Strategy: What It Means to Canadians.
Building a Secure Society.
- Support for Families With Children.
- Improving Canada's Health Care System.
- Deducting Health and Dental Premiums for Self-Employed Canadians.
- Sustaining the Retirement Income System.
- Strengthening Communities and the Voluntary Sector.
- Building a New Partnership With Aboriginal Peoples.
- Addressing Environmental Challenges.
- Promoting Canadian Culture and Sports.
- Furthering International Co-operation.
- General Tax Relief for Canadians.
- Next -